We survived the first month! Here's what you're up to at one month old.
-You'll take a pacifier, but you don't love it. You need some convincing before you accept it.
-You are very much loved by your siblings, which is sometimes a scary thing. Aaron is constantly kissing you or rubbing your head. Elise loves to gift you things like blankets and stuffed animals (but only briefly). I've caught her a few times trying to pick you up, which terrifies me. Especially when she tries to pick you up by your head...
Surrounded by stuffed animal gifts.
-Starting to get some serious chub! We'll see if you match Seth in the chubby baby competition.
Aunt Kenna called this picture "Elijah is not impressed."
(This is my favorite picture of you. Ever.)
Getting some cheeks!
-We think you look a lot like Seth, but also see a lot of Elise. Other people see Aaron, but we don't.
-You tolerated your first bath. Definitely didn't enjoy it, despite your siblings' excitement for the occasion.
Barely made it out alive.
-Tummy time is not your favorite. Do any kids actually LIKE tummy time?!
-You soak through your diapers almost every night. Or poo-splode.
-You've been a very easy baby. You sleep in your car seat, you fall asleep easily in our arms or your swing, and you rarely fuss. I know that's likely to change in the next couple of weeks, but I still think you're likely to be one of our easiest babies.
The many, many faces of newborn Elijah:
The yawn
The goofy (not real) smile
Fat face
The "I'm so precious, aren't I?" face
"I think I need a nap" face
The "Who, me?" face
The (still not real) grin
And, my personal favorite:
The "I'm pooping" face.
(These jammies are my favorite--dino toes!)
Favorite sleep positions:
On Mommy's chest
Next to Mom on the couch
In Dad's arms with your head dangling, just like your siblings.
I pulled out my fancy camera and took some pictures of you for your one month/baby announcement pictures. I love the colors on the blanket Grandma Cathy made you--it's the perfect backdrop for photos:
This one is my favorite.
And yes, I totally edited out all your baby acne (and there was a LOT).
My super helpful photography assistants who weren't prone to getting in the way. At all.
And, to wrap it all up, a candid shot taken by some small child
We sure love you, Little Elijah!


























1 comments:
You have many very helpful (haha) assistants! "Rich guy" is awesome about taking out diapers though :)
Post a Comment