Monday, June 24, 2019

Moments

Just some little things I want to remember:

-When we ask Elise what she's doing (usually suspiciously), she replies, "I'm doing anything!"

-Many times for FHE we play a version of dodgeball in the basement. It's all great fun and everyone enjoys it. But when it's Aaron's turn to throw, things get serious. He'll laugh and smile at everyone as he throws...except Elise. When Elise runs past he clenches his jaw, furrows his brow and throws with all his might.  Thankfully the balls are soft and his aim is not that great, because he's out for vengeance.

-Seth and Catherine have discovered Pig Latin and it's simultaneously adorable and obnoxious.

-During spring almost every day the kids would come inside with small bouquets of flowers for me. Many were wildflowers, but I'd also like to apologize to all the neighbors whose flowerbeds my kids probably raided. 

-Elise loves all things Elsa/princess and will frequently dance "like a princess" while listening to Disney songs.

-Aaron is at the fun phase where he descends into the depths of hysterical despair if he loses a game. He also has extraordinarily bad luck and loses frequently. It's rather hilarious when it's not just obnoxious.

-He has memorized how many zeros are in one septillion (24) and a googleplex (100). He can also quickly calculate all the other big numbers when asked. It's a little freaky. 

-Seth is creating a fantasy game full of various races with different strengths. It's call Mythica. I haven't seen any actual gameplay yet, but there are tons of pictures of the races, and lots of rules, and a chart telling you what each colored die represents. I think he needs to start playing some D&D. 

-Catherine is loving summer break and spends her days happily creating all kinds of art or engaging in imaginative play. She is not at all motivated by electronics, so she generally chooses not to complete her jobs. She only cares about getting them done if she gets to play with a friend in the afternoon.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

You are rocking mom-of-five, I’m totally impressed.

Ian is so into D&D and as is also creating his own role playing game this summer. Wish Seth could join the next D&D campaign!

Cathy Mikesell said...

Seth was busy sketching away when I was there.
Oh Aaron, it's okay to lose