I tried to get a birthday picture.
This was the best I got.
Very true-to-life.
Aaron got to enjoy his most treasured wish: unlimited screen time. He happily spent the entire day playing Roblox. Luckily we had our homeschool gymnastics class scheduled for Wednesdays, so he eventually had to get off to go to gymnastics (which he LOVES). He even willingly braved the Big Swing for the first time in a LONG time!
Miss Paula commented on how much Aaron's abilities and confidence have grown over the past year. I had forgotten how hesitant he was not that long ago. Now he's running with the big kids everywhere!
Requested dinner of spaghetti & meatballs
When I asked him what kind of cake he wanted, he quickly responded, "Cherry!" Easy enough, right? Nope. Apparently cherry chip cake mix isn't a thing anymore unless you want to pay $$$ on Amazon. So I found a homemade cherry chip cake recipe online and hoped for the best!
As far as decorations went, he wanted a Minecraft vs. Stick War Legacy cake. Since that is entirely outside my realm of experience, I had him draw a picture of what he wanted. This is what I got:
And this is what he got:
I'm not sure it was entirely what he was envisioning, but I loved that it's 100% Aaron.
I even put some cherry bombs on the side.
Also, homemade cherry chip cake is delicious.
Aaron loves fire as much (more?) than he loves numbers, so we had an evening bonfire in his honor:
He's always the first to arrive at a fire and the last to leave.
We usually have to stop him several times from throwing in random items to burn.
Finally, it was cake time!
The sparkler candles were both slightly terrifying for him and underwhelming for me.
We had a small, outside birthday party for Aaron that Saturday. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! We could not have asked for a nicer day. The Knoxes and Oliveras both came to play, so it was mass chaos. There may have even been an Anna vs. Emma battle on the trampoline that ended with a giant hole in our already-shredded trampoline net.
Candles in a corner so the breeze wouldn't blow them out.
And then, a few days later...
All Aaron wants for Christmas is...
I'm still struggling to accept that he's seven now. In my head he's still my little Best Friend, snuggling with me on the couch. But the reality is that he now spends most of his time idolizing Seth and running around with the big kids. Thankfully I still get those snuggles occasionally. And I still get to call him Best Friend.











2 comments:
Ah Aaron, love seeing your personality bloom, but sad because you're growing beyond the snuggling with grandma stage.
Unlimited screen time is the wish of the three younger kids' hearts at our house too!
How do you get the cherry in a homemade cherry chip cake?
Post a Comment