For years I've wanted to put together a Día de Muertos ofrenda for our family, but Halloween has always been so busy that I never got around to it. Thanks to COVID, this year I finally did it! We each picked an ancestor, learned about their lives, then shared their stories with everyone. We put their pictures on our ofrenda along with some of their favorite foods and other items that reminded us of them. It wasn't quite our usual Halloween, but it appeased the kids!
Two Catrinas
Baby shark had apparently gotten used to creepy makeup by this point.
We were hoping for a nice 50-60 degree evening.
Instead we got 40 and overcast.
Thankfully with the fire and lots of blankets, it ended up being really lovely!
We had the Knoxes, Mullins, Hendricksons & Timmy come celebrate with us.
Hoards of children swarming over the playset:
Our ofrenda:
We ended the night by watching Coco, because you HAVE to watch Coco at a Dia de Muertos party!
Thanks to Timmy for the projector and to Paul Hendrickson for the tech support.
No, it wasn't our usual Halloween. But I think in the end that I enjoyed this one more than many others in the past. Having a chance to slow life down has been a beautiful thing. I need to keep that in mind when life gets back to normal and I feel pressured to do all the things again.






1 comments:
If that was slowly down, I don't want to see full speed ;)
Post a Comment