I asked my dad what he wanted for his birthday.
He said he wanted us to clean out the garage.
(I'm not entirely sure how serious he was, but we did it!)
Houses in Arizona don't have basements, so when we moved to Tucson from Logan, Utah (in 1997--my gosh, almost 15 years ago!), our garage accumulated everything that had been/would be in our basement.
People kept asking if we were having a garage sale.
I told them we should be.
Look what we found in our garage!
We'd been wondering where Marah had been for the last few years!
Marah and her dowry:
Feast your eyes, Stephen! Not only will you get Marah, you'll also get a microwave and EIGHT TUBS OF STUFFED ANIMALS! It's a steal!
Sorting through all the tubs of our stuff.
Yes I still have tubs of stuff in my parents' garage even though I left home in 2003.
Well, Dad managed to survive the garage cleaning, so we figured we'd have a legitimate celebration.
A very happy Grandpa
Blowing out the candles on his cake.
Red velvet with 7 minute icing--he's had the same cake his entire life.
Jon loves my sisters.
Catherine gets a taste of 7 minute icing.
Seth is very helpful when it comes to unwrapping gifts.
And the big surprise gift from all of us:
An iPad.
Happy Birthday, Dad/Grandpa!
(PS--I like my Kindle Fire better. Sorry, Dad!)
(PPS--I swear I did wear makeup while we were there. Once or twice.)
4 comments:
I think we have one picture from the entire 16 days when you are wearing makeup :D
That shot of your dad with your kids is a good one! Cleaning out the garage sounds like a mammoth task and hence, a super appropriate birthday present. A dowry of eight tubs of stuffed animals far exceeds what I brought to my marriage... I was only a one-tub woman.
8 tubs of stuffed animals seriously motivates me to thin my kids' collection from time to time if I can sneak it!
Ummm where is the after picture? Did you get rid of any of those stuffed animals?
Post a Comment