Saturday, December 2, 2023

Birthday Round 2 & 3

On to Elijah's ACTUAL birthday: 

Catherine was a rock star and helped decorate his door for me:
I didn't even ask!
She just did it!

Birthday morning snuggles:

Breakfast sandwiches!
Elijah's favorite!

And, of course, lots of screen time:

Birthday boy's favorite thing ever: BK ice cream!

Cake #2: the construction vehicle cake.
He loved it so much last year that he demanded it again this year:

All the construction vehicles!

Ready for singing!

Out go the candles!

He got some cars for his birthday. 
Shocker.

We also got him some bags of sand to refill the sandbox.
Went great with the construction vehicles the Browns gave him!

And then it was time for birthday, round 3! This one was kind of sweet. Elijah (for the first time) asked to have friends come to his party. He mentioned preschool friends, but since he's not actually friends with any of them, I opted to ignore that request. Instead I asked our co-op if they would be willing to be his birthday party friends, and they sweetly agreed. And so, we made cake #3:

Enjoying his birthday with all of his friends:

Was I a bit exhausted after all this? Yes.
Was it worth it to celebrate Elijah? Always. 

0 comments: