Saturday, December 2, 2023

Elijah at 4

Oh, my Elijah Mark,

Can you stop growing up so fast? You are still my baby, but every day you're less of a baby and more of a 'medium guy', as you like to call yourself. 

Lawnmowers are still life. You love spring because it means the return of the lawnmower and other exciting lawn care machinery. My friend snapped these pictures from her window while I was mowing one day. 

My little lawnmower shadow!

Screens are also life. Minecraft is your favorite, but you also enjoy watching Seth playing BeamNG Drive (it's essentially just watching cars crash). You're a junkie just like your big brothers. 

You still love me the mostest. Catherine is a close second (and sometimes first, depending on the day). You alternate between worshipping Seth and screaming at him for pestering you. Elise is in the same boat. You and Aaron play pretty well together most of the time, which makes me happy. You also love D (our roommate/friend) A LOT. He is always full of fun ideas and lots of energy. 

Still loving cars and construction vehicles. And music. You are always singing to yourself or asking Google to play you songs. I'm very interested to see if you continue loving music as you get older. 

You also love Mika and Al. Although you think Al's name is actually 'Owl', which has led to some hilariously confusing conversations with you. 
Walking Mika.
Yes, Mika has a leash. Mika is a bougie cat.

Potty training is still...iffy. You don't generally have huge accidents, but you have small ones almost every day. We're working on it. 

Preschool is kind of a funny thing. You act like you hate it...until you get there. Then you have so much fun once you're there. You like your friends, and the high schoolers who teach you, and Miss Kathy, your teacher. 

Funny story: I came to pick you up one day and was handed a pile of your papers and crafts, as usual. One of your teachers showed me this jellyfish you'd made. "He named it 'Seth,'" she said. She was confused as to why I was cracking up until I explained that you had a big brother named Seth. 

Seth the Jellyfish.
He had a place of honor on our fridge for several months. 

Your preschool class finished up the end of April. They had a little presentation for all the families to attend. 

Singing 'Baby Shark' with your classmates.
And Miss Kathy, complete with shark onesie. 

I was shocked that you actually participated.
You usually just observe. 

With Miss Kathy

Miss Kathy said you were normally very quiet and barely said anything, but when you DID talk, it was a LOT. She was very happy to hear that you would be coming back next year for your last year of preschool. 

As we were driving home, you said, "Miss Kathy is a good guy. He (still working on gender here) does good things to me. And silly things. I like Miss Kathy. He's a nice guy."

You are still my snuggle puppy, still my alarm clock, still my little shadow. I'm so glad I have you, my Yijah Mark. Love you so. 

Love, Mom

Elijah's Four Year Old Interview

How old are you?
"Umm, I'm like this tall."

What's your favorite color?
"All of the colors. But not so much."

What's your favorite kind of food?
"I like any kind of food, but not yucky food."
What kind of food do you want to eat right now?
"Pancakes."

Who's your best friend?
"Not bad guys. Only I like all of everybody."
Who do you like to play with?
"D."

What's your favorite toy?
"Car crash with cars."

What game do you like to play?
"Um, um, um, um, I like to play...um, uh, I like the game that you have the foam on it."
(after I asked for clarification, he dragged me over to show me Kingdomino. Random choice.)

What game do you like to play on the iPad?
"I like to play Minecraft."

What's your favorite snack?
"Pretzels" (he says it like 'prentzulls'). 

What is your favorite animal?
"Cat. Because they're so nice!"
Which cat do you like?
"Mika. And Owl (Al)." 

What do you want to be when you grow up? What job do you want to do?
"I will be, umm, a player."
What are you going to play?
"Minecraft."
Sounds like a pretty good job.

What's your favorite song?
"Construction vehicles." (Twenty Trucks)
Which one?
"All of the 'struction vehicles."
Can you sing one for me?
"Yes."
Which one?
(sings) "Call him bulldozer..."

What's your favorite song to sing at church?
"Scrapers" (another construction vehicle song). 
I don't think we sing 'Scrapers' at church.
"I want them to play Minecraft songs."

What book do you like to read?
"Car crash and 'struction vehicles and also good books."

Anything else you want to tell us?
"Also lights."
You like lights? 
"Yeah!" 

Bye Elijah!

0 comments: