All dressed up for class photo day!
Vivi, Freya, Elise
Then the official dress rehearsal:
Beautiful ballerina:
Her class performed Swan Lake, which is one of my favorites.
And we both LOVED the beautiful costumes they got to wear!
Elise is second from left.
Much better form than I ever had as a dancer!
Joining arms to create the 'swan.'
Elise is 4th from the left.
I was so impressed with Elise's performance. Since I am not a great dancer, I was worried she would struggle with the moves. But she was amazing! She loved everything about it: the friends, the costumes, the performing. Although she asked to do gymnastics instead of ballet in the fall (actually, she wanted to do both, AND soccer, but I can't handle that insanity. So gymnastics was her top choice).
A sad story about the performance: When it was all over, Elise saw her friends surrounded by parents and siblings and grandparents, and aunts & uncles. But not for her. It was just me and Jon. "Why didn't anyone else come to watch me?" That broke my heart. Next time I will bring Melissa, who happily volunteered after I told her this story. (Elise knows her grandparents would be there if they could!)
And more heartbreak:
I found this note after I went to the store.
Apparently she wanted to come with me and was so, so sad when I left without her.
Also sad that we won't let her have sleepovers.
Elise and Freya (taken with Elise's camera that prints photos).
I love my sweet Elise so much!







0 comments:
Post a Comment