After a few years of lame, snow-less winters (last year we literally had no snow at all), this winter we got a nice dumping! I love it when you wake up in the morning and can't see the road at all:
Obviously there was no school, so once the roads were clear-ish, we headed to the middle school for some sledding. Lots of friends joined us, which meant it was extra fun for everyone (including the adults).
Giant Seth with his snowball arsenal
Aaron has become a snow lover and hung with the big boys the entire time.
And while I love the snow, I LOATHE snow clothes.
Why?
THIS:
My entry looks like this all the time when there's snow on the ground.
And, because Maryland is super great at the melt/refreeze cycle, the kids ended up with a few days off school. One of those days was chilly, but full sun. We decided to try a new sledding place, which will from now on be our go-to sledding spot. It was awesome and had a variety of hills for varied intensity.
Elise and Freya
Seth and (some of) the Bro Group
And a Catherine!
The only downside to our awesome new spot is an inconveniently placed shed, which somehow pulled sled-riders in like a magnet. Most impacts were fairly light, but Freya managed a head-on collision. I ended up taking her home with a scraped cheek and hopefully not a concussion (update--she was totally fine). So glad we finally got some good snow to play in!







0 comments:
Post a Comment