Thursday, June 18, 2015

30!

One time, I turned 30. 

Aaron celebrated by being Aaron:
I told him it was my birthday and that he needed to leave me alone.
For some reason that was ineffective.

I celebrated by buying myself a bunch of new clothes and shoes.
And by "new" I mean "from the thrift store."
Four dollar shoes.
Four dollars.

Catherine made sure I was stylish and glamorous for my date with Jon:

Aaron was also glamorous:

Thanks to some wonderful friends, we were able to go on a date to a nearby Asian restaurant. Besides the laughably small (like the size of a teacup saucer) salad, the food was delicious. With Jon being gone so much and with all the house stuff to do, it was nice to have a break.

I'm excited about thirty. I have a wonderful husband with a good job, three beautiful kids, amazing family and friends, and a house more wonderful than anything I ever dreamed of. Life is really, really good and I am so grateful. 

2 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Catherine inherited your sense of style. I think you spent many a Sunday afternoon making Dad's hair as beautiful!

Adrian said...

Happy 30th! 30s have been even better than 20s for me. :)