Monday, June 15, 2015

Cherry Blossoms

We were crazy/brave/adventurous enough to brave the Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C. again this year. This time we were smarter and parked near the Mall instead of dealing with the Metro. The weather was lovely (one of the first truly warm days of 2015). Luckily I have smart friends who thought to bring sunscreen!
Catherine climbed on everything she was allowed to climb on.

My sweet boy: 

Gorgeous! 

Catherine was not going for photogenic that day: 

Aaron, as usual, was there for the food: 

Seth in a cherry tree: 

Aaron in a cherry tree: 
(Thanks to Heather for propping him up for the shot!)

We ended our trip at the Jefferson Memorial, 
where the kids ran the stairs like crazy monkeys.

Some of us were too small to run and had to crawl: 

He amused a lot of tourists by running across the stairs like this: 
It was probably the curls and giant head.

The drive home almost made the trip not worth it. Despite all the running around and skipping a nap, Aaron would NOT fall asleep.  It's normally a 90 minute drive home, but we left a little too late and hit rush hour traffic. Two-and-a-half hours later, with Aaron screaming for the last hour or so, we finally made it home. Bless all of you commuters. I don't know how you do it. 

The next morning, after recovering from the trip:
"I love my crib! I love my blankets! I love sleep!"
Amen, little man.

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Oh man, Aaron is just like you as a baby with your "I only sleep in MY bed"