Tuesday, June 16, 2015

While Jon's Away

Jon has been traveling a lot lately for work. He was gone for three weeks before we moved, stuck around long enough to attend settlement and get everything into the house, then took off for another three weeks. 
While Jon is gone, Megan does strange things.
Like make paint chip calendars.
Thank you, Pinterest:

Megan also assembles closet organizers: 

While Jon's away, Aaron is super helpful during dinner prep: 

When Jon's away, getting everyone ready for church can be an adventure: 

But we managed to pull it off nicely: 

While Jon's away we do the messy stuff he doesn't like: 


But we clean up after we're done: 

While Jon's away, Megan empties enough of the garage to fit the van in: 
Having a garage is AWESOME.

While Jon is away, Megan purchases and assembles Catherine's bed.
It may have involved hauling 80 lb. 7 ft. tall boxes up the stairs singlehandedly:

Now everyone has their own room, which means sleepovers every night: 

While Jon is away, Megan frustrates him by painting instead of unpacking: 
Goodbye, olive green!

New living room color: 

And new kitchen color: 
So much nicer than olive green, spring green and mustard!

It may not have been exactly the things he was hoping for, 
but we sure got a lot done while Jon was gone!

3 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Bringing back memories of moving to Tucson, and Dad testing in the Marshall Islands... Gratefully I didn't have to paint! I do now...

Anonymous said...

Hey, have you tried the vanilla trick in your paint? I read about it on pinterest....Happy painting, it looks great so far I am impressed to see so much progress so fast!

Adrian said...

I love the way you make the most of Jon's absence. :)