If you ask Seth how old he is, he is sure to inform you that he is "six and three-quarters." Those three-quarters are very important to him.
When he's not on an electronic device (which is what he would prefer), Seth loves to draw. This is one of his creepier pieces, which he calls a Zombie Reindeer:
Future Tim Burton?
Seth is also definitely a little boy, with lots of energy and difficulty sitting still for long periods of time. Jumping on Mom's beautifully made bed is a good release for all that boyness (and the reason I never make the bed):
My son is a blur
Seth loves my phone, despite the fact that I intentionally have no games on it. He loves to text his relatives or to send them random photos or videos. Thanks to all who put up with the crazy texting from this little man!
A Seth selfie:
Those freckles! Love!
Seth has been attending the boys' class at KYA gymnastics every Friday. He LOVES his class and it's a great way to channel the energy:
Seth is also a huge reader. Currently he loves the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, Alvin Ho series, and anything involving zombies (but not too creepy--he is still my sensitive child). I need to get him started on Harry Potter...
But Seth's true love (and complete obsession) is Minecraft. It's all he wants to talk about/play/imaginative play. It gets a little intense, even for his other Minecraft-loving friends. This is what he drew one day when I kicked him off the iPad:
(Despite many, many conversations, he still thinks it's "Mindcraft")
I tried the "let him play until he plays himself out" method to no avail. As far as I know, Seth has no Minecraft limit. After a few grumpy days, I decided it was time for a break. We instituted a week-long iPad fast (actually longer, since he cheated a couple of times). It was hard and there was much whining, but it was very good. Now the iPad has a password so he has to ask permission before he can play. He hates it, but it's the best way to control his playing.
Bye, bye, iPad!
On a closely related note, Seth has been working and saving his money for months in order to buy Minecraft for PC. There was much whining about the slow rate of money accumulation (his fault) and the paying of tithing (non-negotiable), but he finally had enough:
My computer is now shared with Seth.
Oh, joy.
Seth is a sweet boy and really tries to do the right thing. He still enjoys tormenting Catherine and being in charge, but his heart is in the right place. He still asks constant questions and isn't afraid to ask his questions to complete strangers. I love watching his independence develop.
Love you, my Seth man.








1 comments:
Seth the blur - sounds like a Blood :) Seth the Minecraft obsessed - sounds like his Grpa Russell... And creepy Tim Burton - he is your child!
Post a Comment