Thursday, June 11, 2015

Aaron at 18 Months

Monkey baby

With all the craziness of moving, this post is more like Aaron at 20 months instead of 18. 

*You have THE MOST amazing curls. I am in love with your hair, and so is the rest of the world. I love watching you run down the hall at church and have five people rub your head.  Dad says I need to cut it, but I just can't! (note to self: get adorable picture of curls)

*Down to just one afternoon nap. You still love to see your crib and blanket and will happily squirm when I lay you down. Lately you've been crying after I close the door, but hopefully that phase will end soon.
Preferred nap position: 
pacifier in, one blanket on each side of face, blanket over body

*You LOVE being read to. You will bring me books to read all day. You'll also happily peruse the pictures yourself if I'm not available.

*Finally moving up to size 4 diapers. Still in 12 month waist, although you need 18 month for height.  Shirts are 18 month-2T. Size 4 shoes.
Nothing says "fashion" quite like clip-on princess dresses on footie pajamas

*You hate having your diaper changed and are in no way cooperative.

*Words: "voovf" (woof=dog), "Seh" (Seth), "Dada" (Dad, sometimes Mom), "oop" (poop, always said in a whisper while grinning), "sooh" (shoe), "jus" (juice), "side" (outside), "a num a num a num" (num-num = food) and "buh bye". You can say "please", but generally refuse. "Aight" is still there, but rare. And my favorites: "cah" and "cash" (car and crash). You sound just like little Seth.

*You are still a pretty needy little man. There was a month or two where you would freak out if I was more than three feet away from you. That was super fun. Things are better now, but you still generally communicate via whining. And, strangely enough, selfies seem to be the only foolproof method of stopping the whining (food usually works, too):

The Aaron Selfie Collection:




Eyelashes that touch your eyebrows.
Ridiculous. 



*You can be a punk when you want to be. You love hitting your siblings (especially Catherine) with various toys. Matchbox cars are your preference. I've also caught you hitting Baby Luke, which is not cool. I will not have a bully for a son!

*If we say "cheeseball!" you pull out a completely ridiculous grin. 

*You love running and chasing. You frequently turn around to make sure we're still chasing you. 

*You love your "woof woofs." They sleep with you every night. And you love to snuggle them:



*Also a big hit: climbing things. Let's just say you fall down. A lot. 

*Food is still your first and greatest love.

*You kept dropping your pacifiers behind your crib, so I finally just took them away. You couldn't have cared less.

*Nursery is not your favorite. You did fine the first week, okay the second week, and fell apart the third. I have to hand you over crying and screaming every week, but you calm down quickly. Afternoon church isn't helping anything either.
"Nursery is evil and I hate it."

*Once you warm up to her, Lydia(girl in our ward) is your favorite person. Luckily for both of us, she adores you! Once she's legal babysitting age, I am sitting pretty!

*You love taking baths, hating getting your hair washed. And you prefer to be as naked as possible.
 

*You love playing with Seth and Catherine. Chasing is your favorite game, but you're happy to join in with any game. Even sword fighting: 

Oh, my Aaron. I love your face. I love the tiny freckles showing up on your cheeks and nose. I love your crazy curls. I love how you show affection by using me as your personal jungle gym. You drive me crazy and I couldn't live without you. 

1 comments:

Cathy Mikesell said...

Aunt Kenna would be happy to send him a Rosco puppy ;)