Saturday, January 15, 2022

Aaron's Baptism Day

 
This is the picture we used on his baptism program cover.
Thanks, random bush and garage wall for looking like a cool background!

Looking super awesome in his white jumpsuit:

Aaron and Daddy:


Aaron and Mommy:

(Thanks, Bente, for insisting I needed a picture with him as well).

Covid has had some perks, like making it easier to set up a broadcast for family members to watch the baptism from wherever they are. Since Timmy was the only family we were able to have attend, we were excited to be able to stream it for grandparents and anyone else who wanted to watch.

Of course we had all kinds of technical difficulties, so we started 15 minutes late and still didn't manage to get my mom online until she'd already missed the actual baptism (sob!). But it was still worth it to have everyone be able to participate, even if it was over Zoom!

Aaron asked me to lead the music and Karen Barg to play piano. He asked Craig Knox and Bente Uhlig to say prayers, and asked me and Seth to be the witnesses. He asked Melissa to talk about baptism and Timmy to talk about the Holy Ghost. I love that he picked so many wonderful people who all love him so much. 

Aunt Lori took some screenshots during the baptism and then texted them to me, which I love so much! Great memories!

Seth and some Knoxes

Elijah 'helping' me lead the music.

So this is an adorable story:
At some point in the program, Elise popped up and whispered something in my ear as we were about to start singing. She said she wanted to 'say something' and share her testimony. It was absolutely sweet and tender, even if she was barely visible above the podium:

Dave McClure, Timmy, Craig, Jon, & Bishop Uhlig during the confirmation:

Giving Uncle Timmy the biggest of hugs after:

Bishop gives some closing remarks while I rub his cute red head:

After realizing on the way home that I forgot to take a family picture:
Looks about right to me.

We headed straight home for a fun party with friends in our backyard:

Blowing out the candles on Timmy's brownies of diabetes:

Talia gave Aaron an RC car for his birthday.
Elijah quickly realized her mistake: it was actually a gift for HIM:
Luckily Aaron was generous and shared freely.

And, finally, the long anticipated gift arrived in the mail:
His very own scriptures from Grandma and Grandpa!

My favorite Aaron baptism story:
When he saw Aaron and Jon walk into the font, Elijah was so excited. We were going swimming! He was less than excited when he realized that he was not, in fact, going to get in the water with them. He immediately began screaming. Thankfully Bente took him out so I could watch in peace. But what I missed during that scene was Aaron, apparently looking up at Jon with a look of complete trust and love. Several people commented on how sweet it was and I'm sad that I missed it. Aaron is a truly special spirit and I'm lucky to be his mom. 

0 comments: