Our co-op arranged for a day of service at First Fruits Farm. We've been there several times now to help with various crops, and I love it. I especially love that they make it easy for smaller people to do meaningful service. This time we were filling boxes full of green beans that would be delivered to various food banks in Maryland.
Catherine and Noelle work on their bin
Elijah supervises while Aaron rubs his hair.
Aaron is actually addicted to Elijah's hair.
It's really weird.
Catherine and Elijah filling up a box o' beans
Elijah's method was effective, but did spill a lot of beans.
Much more efficient: insert the toddler into the bin with the beans
Seth isn't in this co-op (it's for younger kids) but he came to help anyway!
They put him to work stacking up the boxes with all the men.
It's a struggle to find real, meaningful service for younger kids, so I really appreciate our co-op for arranging this and First Fruits Farms for being so awesome!
0 comments:
Post a Comment