Sunday, January 23, 2022

Elijah at 2.5

Elijah's method of cleaning up Halloween decorations is...creepy.


Elijah playing 'cat-in-a-box' at Knoxes.
Thankfully Zara is a pretty chill cat. 

Elijah after his visit to the Elise salon.
He loved the results!

We went bowling and this is the only picture I took.
Elijah LOVED bowling.
He insisted on carrying his own ball to the dinosaur every time. 

There were some soldiers there doing some promotional bowling thing that asked if they could take pictures with the kids. We said yes, of course, and they snapped a few pictures that were totally not awkward and unnatural at all. I keep meaning to check if they somehow ended up on the alley's FB page...

Elijah's potty training is going great.
As long as he is totally naked on the bottom, that is.
So we get this view of a full moon all day, every day. 

Current favorite Elijah bum story:
Aaron is a bit OCD about germs, and dirt, and gross things. He refuses to eat food that someone else has taken a bite from. He checks his cup for nasty crusties several times a day. All pieces of fruit must be carefully examined for flaws before being eaten. 

Elijah's favorite activity during family prayer is to play musical laps. You'll be sitting there, arms folded, eyes closed, and suddenly there's a toddler on your lap. Then he'll move to the next person. 

Now combine Aaron's paranoia with Elijah's naked, potty training bum during family prayer. It's so hard trying not to giggle as I watch Elijah try to back onto Aaron's lap, only to have Aaron spread his knees apart so Elijah falls to the floor. Elijah, confused and thinking he just missed Aaron's lap, immediately stands up and tries again, backing into Aaron's lap. Aaron opens his knees. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. 

I had to make a stop at Aldi one day with Elijah.
I was curious if he would tolerate a mask, so I gave it a try.
He was amazing! 
Guess this is good training for when he turns three.
But hopefully Covid will be done by then???

1 comments:

Kellie said...

I was brushing my teeth while reading the Elijah and Aaron story and the laugh it elicited was so quick I barely made it to the sink to spit! I can totally picture it, so funny!