Monday, January 10, 2022

Seth at 13

Dear Seth,

I really can't believe you're already a teenager. It doesn't feel like that long ago since I was your age, and now here you are. It makes me both excited for all the great things ahead of you, and a little bit sad because I know soon you'll be grown up and on your own. Very bittersweet. 

You definitely LOOK like a teenager, though! You're the tallest one in your Deacon's quorum by far, and one of the tallest young men. I keep wondering when Jack will catch up to you. There's not much hope for Gabe, though. 

Speaking of Jack and Gabe, you have really been blessed in the friend department. Not only do they conveniently live about five minutes away, you also share most of the same interests and humor. Plus they both come from awesome families. All three of you are hoping to attend the same magnet high school for computer science. It's your dream (and mine!) that it works out for all three of you! 

Gabe, Seth and Jack outside the Philadelphia Temple

A close up of the boys

Gabe may be the smallest, but he can still take you down.

I feel like you've done a lot of growing up over the past year. The sheer amount of obnoxiousness has decreased significantly. Not to say that you don't enjoy pestering your siblings on a daily (hourly?) basis, but there's hope for the future!

You spend most of your time designing and developing Roblox games. This is something I struggled with since I hate all the screen time, but Uncle Aaron came to your rescue by mentioning to Dad that he had learned most of his computer skills from messing around at home. Since we can see that you really are learning lots of awesome stuff, I'm trying to back off and give you more freedom. You and Dad have been working together on a Roblox game, which makes me happy. Whatever your future may hold, you will be better off having some programming skills under your belt. 

Just as I expected, you have been a pretty mellow teenager so far. Occasionally we'll get a minor tantrum (about screen time. Always.), but generally you're easygoing and happy. I'm excited to see what's ahead for you, and to watch you continue to grow into a kind, funny, intelligent human. 

Love you, my giant Seth child.


Seth's Birthday Interview:

Hi Seth, how old are you now?

"23. Minus 10."

What's your favorite color now?

"Purple. Well, it's more along the lines of this pink thing."  (So basically magenta).

How about your favorite food?

"My favorite food will always be Pasta Roni."

Who's your best friend?

"Gabe and Jack."

What's your favorite movie?

"Guardians of the Galaxy."

What's your favorite game to play (not on electronics)?

"What?! How dare you suggest such an awful thing! Boom Boom Balls." (A card game he created). 

How about a game on electronics?

"Hypixel. A really fun online Minecraft server. And what do I like to do in my spare time? I like to work on my Death Run (Roblox) map."

What's your favorite snack?

"Snapeas. Specifically that one flavor (tomato lentil)."

What's your favorite animal?

"My laptop."

Not an animal.

"Narwhals."

What do you want to be when you grow up?

"Game designer. I wanna be a neerrrrrrrrrrrrrd."

What's your favorite song?

"Well, depends what kind of mood I'm in. Am in like a dramatic mood? Or like a gamer mood?"

Pick your overall favorite. 

"Probably 'Broken Heart of Ender'." (Here follows a long explanation on why this a song about Minecraft and not a song about Ender Wiggins). 

What's your favorite book?

"Uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Dilbert."

How about a non-comic book?

"The only books I like are comic books!"

I don't believe that.

"Harry Potter."

What's your favorite school subject?

"Computer science."

What's your favorite activity to do for fun that's not on a screen?

"Usually pester one of my siblings. Although I do really like to bike. It's fun."

Anything else you'd like to add to this interview?

"My therapy chair is very comfortable."

BYE SETH.

0 comments: