Sunday, January 23, 2022

Corn Maze

Our stake put together a fall activity for all the youth in the stake at a corn maze. On the one hand, it was a pretty sweet Lord of the Rings themed maze, complete with a semi-professional intro video, a 'bartender' who was actually English, and a giant orc sculpture. On the other hand, there was not much 'maze'. It was more of a stroll through corn. It was also kind of a weird choice since there's really not much chance for interaction when you're all wandering through corn. But the kids seemed to mostly have a good time, other than starving to death because 'dinner' was one scrawny hot dog and a small bag of chips.

Gabe and Seth playing on the pirate ship playground.

An entire ship full of deacons.
Terrifying.

I started off the maze with Seth and buddies, but at some point Jack went one way and Benjamin went another, so I gave up and went with Isaac Wagner's group instead. I was a little worried the boys would never make it out alive, but they actually beat us out of the maze. 

So the corn maze was lame, but the 'Extreme Tractor Ride' TOTALLY lived up to its name. I was skeptical until the first time he slammed on the brakes and my arm jerked against the railing (I had a nice bruise the next day).
Me, totally not crushing Bella

Catherine, before an extreme tractor move got her pinned under Bro. Kraczek.
Then there were tears.

At this point none of us were sure we were going to make it out alive:
I only smashed Bella and Brinley a little bit.

So maybe in the end it was a successful activity after all!

0 comments: