Elise got her school pictures back and I'm in love.
A perfect snapshot of all that is Elise right now.
My current favorite Elise-ism?
She says "fansom" instead of "handsome".
So on Sundays she'll say to Elijah:
"Oh, you're so fansome!"
Jon says its a mix between 'fancy' and 'handsome.'
Seth gave up on trying out long, fluffy hair.
I took him to a barbershop for his first legit haircut by a pro.
And...this is what I got when I asked for a picture:
Fun story: somehow 3/5 kids ended up with their well checks in October. So were at the pediatrician's office a lot that month. During one such checkup, the receptionist joked that she hoped she wouldn't be seeing us again too soon. I replied that I felt the same way, unless, of course, they opened up Covid vaccinations for 5-11 year olds. Well, guess who had just gotten an email about opening up appointments for vaccinations?? My kids were first in line!
Elise was super nervous, but all three kids handled it like champs.
Catherine said she was tired, and Elise fell asleep in class, but that was it for side effects!
Now Elijah is our only unvaccinated kid.
The day all Aaron's dreams came true:
Every boy in the cul-de-sac jumping on the trampoline with him.
Normally they're on scooters or playing football, neither of which interest Aaron.
But today...today was the best day ever!
I took the girls on a date to Red Robin.
They insisted on a giant tower of onion rings, most of which we ended up taking home.
They also ordered the mac and cheese, which is gross and not worth paying for.
Proud Elise moment:
She worked SUPER hard one weekend to master counting to 100.
She came home with this certificate.
Proudest new member of Ms. Emerick's '100 Pond!'
Ah, National 'Hanging out in Laundry Baskets' Day!
My favorite!
Aaron wanted to make rock candy.
I hate making rock candy because it never works out right.
Guess what finally worked out right??
Current favorite Aaron quote:
(After spilling yet another cup of something at dinner, spoken in a furious wail):
"Every kind of liquid hates me!"
This has been quoted by his siblings almost daily since.
This is one of my favorite pictures:
This is my keyboard, which I had let Emma Olivera borrow during Covid. Last time we went to their house she gave it back. My kids were enthralled with it and spent the next several days trying out all its capabilities. A favorite activity was one kid on the piano, another kid on the keyboard. Catherine taught Aaron how to play several songs so they could play together. Suddenly Aaron's love of piano has ignited and he's been playing on his own several times a day. Big sisters are the best (when they aren't pestering you, that is).
I don't actually remember what was happening in this picture,
but it's documentation of a rare moment of Catherine being nice to Elise.
We're working on that.
0 comments:
Post a Comment